Nobbies Centre Review
Phillip Island's newest major attraction is just 3 km (1 mi) from the Penguin Parade, perched on the very edge of Point Grant on the island's far west end. It's an ultramodern interpretative center set up with high-tech interactive cameras that can zoom in on the nearby colony of seals. The center's rotating exhibitions and displays showcase the island's diverse plant and animal life. Another fascinating interactive display is the virtual fish tank that features computer animations of the surrounding marine environment. When visitors touch the screen, an information bubble pops up explaining which creatures live there. Outside the center are a series of wooden boardwalks that wind around the rocky headland to the nearby blowhole, offering fantastic views of Nobbies headland and Seal Rocks beyond it.
- Address: Ventnor Rd., Phillip Island, VIC, 3922
- Phone: 03/5951-2800
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Daily 11--sunset (winter 11--4).
- Location: Phillip Island
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1373* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip Down Under Answers
- $2699 -- Australia & Asia: 2-Week Cruises w/Air, Save $1000 CruCon Cruise Outlet
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip — $1,999 Air New Zealand Vacations