There are some great bike trails and four self-guided winery cycle tours ranging in length from 21 to 50 km (13 to 31 mi). The Mandurang Valley Wine Trail is the shortest and leads to the Chateau Dore Winery and Lynnevale Estate. You can also cycle along the O'Keefe Rail Trail and the Bendigo Bushland Trail; maps and brochures are available at the visitor center.
Moroni's Bikes. This long-established company hires out bikes and also invites cyclists to join in its twice-weekly social road rides. The rides depart every Tuesday and Thursday morning (8.30 am in summer, 9 am the rest of the year). They range from 40-80km for fitter folk, with shorter routes for those who want to take it easier. 104 Mitchell St., Bendigo, Bendigo, VIC, 3500. 03/5443-9644. www.moronisbikes.com.au. Free. Shop open daily.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1373* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip Down Under Answers
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip — $1,999 Air New Zealand Vacations