Pacific Sun runs a daily round-trip flight at midday between Nadi and Kadavu. Air Fiji follows soon after in the day with a daily flight between Suva and Kadavu. The two airlines share a phone number at the Vunisea Airstrip (KDV). All resorts meet their guests at the Vunisea airstrip for the trip by car and then boat to their accommodations. This transportation can cost between $20 and $50, although some resorts waive the fee for guests on longer stays.
Pacific Island Seaplanes offers chartered seaplane flights between Nadi and anywhere in Fiji and will land right in front of the resort.
Pacific Island Seaplanes (672-5644. www.fijiseaplanes.com.)
Pacific Sun (672-0888. www.pacificsun.com.fj.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1048* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip Down Under Answers
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1373* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T — $1,373 Air New Zealand