If You Like
This region has two of the South Pacific's top reefs. Both the Rainbow and Vuna are rich in soft coral, small fish, and pelagics.
Few resorts in the north host more than 40 guests at a time and many significantly less. Expect to have staff who know your name within the hour, personalized activities, and private beachfront dining at your fingertips.
The famed Orange Dove, stunning Silktail, and Red Shining Parrot are just a few endemic species flitting about the lovingly cut trails through Taveuni's lush rain forest.
The abundance of fully furnished cottages with full kitchens and fantastic views makes this island an enticing option for travelers looking not only to "get away from it all" but to do so on their own comfortable slice of cliff-edge property.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1120* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $3099 & up -- Australia & New Zealand 4-City, 12-Night Trip Qantas Vacations
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1331* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T — $1,331 Air New Zealand