On Taveuni, all ferries depart from two wharfs located between Waiyevo and Naqara. Bligh Water Shipping operates ferries between most of Fiji's major destinations, including Savusavu, Taveuni, Lautoka, and Suva. Check the Web site for schedules.
For a long but wonderfully scenic journey from Vanua Levu, Grace Shipping runs a 3½-hour bus over the lush, mountainous (and rough) Hibiscus Highway to the village of Napuka on Buca Bay, where it meets a ferry for the hour-long crossing to Taveuni. The trip costs around $15. Look for the bus marked "Taveuni" departing the Savusavu station on Vanua Levu around 8 am. The return trip leves from Naqara on Taveuni.
Bligh Water Shipping (Agent is Tima Limited, Waiyevo, Taveuni. 331-8247 Headquarters, Suva; 330-1338 Suva City; 666-8229 Lautoka; 888 0070 Taveuni. email@example.com. www.blighwatershipping.com.fj.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1048* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip Down Under Answers
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1373* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T — $1,373 Air New Zealand