Facilities in Fiji range from the rustic to the swank, depending on where you are and how evolved the infrastructure is. On a whole, though, bathrooms are clean, and the use of them (in restaurants, gas stations, etc.) is never a problem, although having your own stash of toilet paper or tissues can come in handy. Since Fijians are such good hosts, it's good manners to return the favor for them. For example, if you use the facilities at a gas station, buy a bottle of water or even a pack of gum as an acknowledgement of thanks.
The Bathroom Diaries. The Bathroom Diaries is flush with unsanitized info on restrooms the world over—each one located, reviewed, and rated. www.thebathroomdiaries.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1120* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $3099 & up -- Australia & New Zealand 4-City, 12-Night Trip Qantas Vacations
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1331* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T — $1,331 Air New Zealand