Diving & Snorkeling in Huahine
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Diving & Snorkeling
Mahana Dive. You can choose from eight sites around both Huahine Nui and Iti including Avapeihi Pass (which connects the ocean with the lagoon and is teeming with marine life), and various drop-offs and coral gardens. Dives start from 5,900 CFP; dive packages can also be bought. Fare Quay, Fare, Huahine. 73-07-17. www.mahanadive.com.
Pacific Blue Adventures. Since its establishment in 1993, Pacific Blue has been working with all levels of divers. Newcomers dive in shallow water off the coast of Fitii, while experienced divers go out beyond the lagoon to Avapeihi Pass, which is famous for its sharks and rays. Fare Quay, Fare, Huahine. 71-96-55. www.divehuahine.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay Free Tahiti Legends
- $2350 -- Moorea: 5 Nts. at InterContinental Resort, w/Air — $2,350 Tahiti Legends
- $2059 -- Tahiti & Huahine 5-Nt. Island Escape w/Air — $2,059 Tahiti Legends