- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Visit Huahine
Authentic experience. This laid-back island is free from the commercialization that ravages neighbor Bora Bora and you'll easily adapt to the chilled environment in no time.
Surf's up. Both islands have great surf breaks: Ava Mo'a Pass just off Fare and Motu Aara'ara in Parea in Huahine Iti. Bring your own board, reef shoes, and a good vibe because locals don't like interlopers with "attitude."
Last resort. If you don't like big hotels, Huahine is definitely for you. There's just one with overwater bungalows, tucked away on its own island. Instead there are pensions, cottages, and safari-style tents on the beach.
Myths & legends. If you like a good story and a mysterious past, there's plenty of intrigue here to keep you guessing for days.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay Free Tahiti Legends
- $2350 -- Moorea: 5 Nts. at InterContinental Resort, w/Air — $2,350 Tahiti Legends
- $2059 -- Tahiti & Huahine 5-Nt. Island Escape w/Air — $2,059 Tahiti Legends