- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Pension Mauarii Review
The restaurant at this popular pension prides itself on using local products in 95% of its dishes. You'll find Tahitian dishes such as Fa Fa chicken (chicken with taro leaves and coconut milk) and Punu Pualoro (smoked beef with coconut cream) on the menu. Lobster and crab, and a medley of both, are house specialties and are huge dishes. If you're brave you can also try mako shark but that might be too much of an ironic twist after a day on the lagoon feeding sharks and rays. Desserts include baked papaya with coconut cream and coconut tart.
- Address: Parea, Huahine
- Phone: 68-86-49
- Location: Huahine Iti
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Daily 7:30am--8:30pm.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay Free Tahiti Legends
- $2350 -- Moorea: 5 Nts. at InterContinental Resort, w/Air — $2,350 Tahiti Legends
- $2059 -- Tahiti & Huahine 5-Nt. Island Escape w/Air — $2,059 Tahiti Legends
We had an awesome trip to Bora Bora last October. Read more
TAHITI MARCH 2012 TRIP REPORT
I’ve always wanted to go to Tahiti. Read more
My wife and I are looking for a shared charter or cabin rental aboard a boat exploring Tahiti or French Polynesia. Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more