- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Early nights. There are no streetlights to illuminate the palm tree-lined coastal road that winds around Huahine Nui and Iti, making driving a little bit tricky. If you do drive after dark use high beam as there are usually cyclists and people walking along the road.
Slow down. The island isn't big but there are many marae to discover at Maeva. Give yourself plenty of time to walk around these fascinating sites, right by the Lake Fauna Nui.
Simple life. You won't find sophisticated restaurants or any nightlife on the island. It's a step back in time; chill out and enjoy it.
Wise planning. Car rental is pricey, so plan what you want to do so you won't waste money on a car you don't use. If you're staying three days, chill out and get your bearings on arrival, take a lagoon or mountain excursion another day, and hire a car on Day 3.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay Free Tahiti Legends
- $2350 -- Moorea: 5 Nts. at InterContinental Resort, w/Air — $2,350 Tahiti Legends
- $2059 -- Tahiti & Huahine 5-Nt. Island Escape w/Air — $2,059 Tahiti Legends