- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Visit Tahiti
Natural splendor. Everything's big on French Polynesia's biggest island—towering mountains, giant waterfalls, and deep valleys.
Surf's up, and up. If you're on a quest for legendary waves you've come to the right place. Experts can tackle Teahupoo in Tahiti Iti, otherwise head to Tahiti Nui's beaches—Papenoo, Point Vénus, or Paea.
Heavenly Voices. Listen to the "singing Mamas," the Tahitian ladies dressed all in white wearing beautifully decorated straw hats, as they sing at the Paofai Protestant Temple on Pape'ete's Boulevard Pomare every Sunday at 10 am.
Shaken & Stirred. If you miss the amazing Heiva festival in July, make sure you catch a traditional dance show, complete with costume changes and fire twirlers, at one of the resorts.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay Free Tahiti Legends
- $2350 -- Moorea: 5 Nts. at InterContinental Resort, w/Air — $2,350 Tahiti Legends
- $2059 -- Tahiti & Huahine 5-Nt. Island Escape w/Air — $2,059 Tahiti Legends
- $2449 & up -- Tahiti: Moorea 7-Night Vacation incl. Air — $2,449 Pleasant Holidays
- $3045 & up -- Tahiti: 7-Nt Bora Bora Escape w/Air, Save $500 — $3,045 Pleasant Holidays