Banks & Money
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Banks & Money
There are several banks along Pape'ete's Boulevard Pomare and Rue du General de Galle. Most have ATMs that are open 24 hours a day. Banks are generally open Mon. to Fri. from 7:45-11:30 am and from 1-4 pm. Some banks stay open through the lunch break, but close earlier. The Banque de Polynesie at Cathedral Square is open Monday to Thursday 7:45 am to 3:30 pm and Friday from 7:45 am to 2:30 pm.
There's an ATM and branches of the Banque Socredo and Banque de Polynesie at Faa'a Airport. There are banks in the main shopping centers in Puna'auia, Arue, Taravao, and other towns around Tahiti Nui, as well as ATMs. Take cash to Tahiti Iti to be on the safe side.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay Free Tahiti Legends
- $2350 -- Moorea: 5 Nts. at InterContinental Resort, w/Air — $2,350 Tahiti Legends
- $2059 -- Tahiti & Huahine 5-Nt. Island Escape w/Air — $2,059 Tahiti Legends
- $2449 & up -- Tahiti: Moorea 7-Night Vacation incl. Air — $2,449 Pleasant Holidays
- $3045 & up -- Tahiti: 7-Nt Bora Bora Escape w/Air, Save $500 — $3,045 Pleasant Holidays