When to Go
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
When to Go
Tahiti has two seasons: the wet (November-April) and the dry (May-October). The latter is also slightly cooler and is the high season for travel. The hottest months are February and March with temperatures rising to around 27°C (81°F); July and August are the coolest months with temperatures at around 24°C (76°F).
The Heiva music and dance festival takes place in July along with an arts festival. Other events include the Billabong Pro Surfing competition at Teahupoo in August and early September, and Tattoonesia, a meeting of Polynesian and foreign tattoo artists, in November.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay Free Tahiti Legends
- $2350 -- Moorea: 5 Nts. at InterContinental Resort, w/Air — $2,350 Tahiti Legends
- $2059 -- Tahiti & Huahine 5-Nt. Island Escape w/Air — $2,059 Tahiti Legends
- $2449 & up -- Tahiti: Moorea 7-Night Vacation incl. Air — $2,449 Pleasant Holidays
- $3045 & up -- Tahiti: 7-Nt Bora Bora Escape w/Air, Save $500 — $3,045 Pleasant Holidays