- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
KiwiRail, New Zealand's train operator, has a terminal and booking office at the Britomart Transportation Centre, on the harbor end of Queen Street. Service runs between Auckland and Wellington. The service runs daily between November and April and on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the rest of the year.
Britomart Transport Centre. Feeling peckish or needing to update your Facebook status, then the retail centre of the Britomart Transport Centre has all you need. At the information centre you can book a trip and there's also a currency exchange. The cafe is a good place to sit and watch people going to and from work or to plan your day. Queen Elizabeth Sq., Queen and Quay Sts., Auckland, 1010. 0800/467-536. www.britomart.co.nz.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1120* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $3099 & up -- Australia & New Zealand 4-City, 12-Night Trip Qantas Vacations
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- $2099 & up -- 8-Night New Zealand & Australia Escape w/Tours — $2,099 Qantas Vacations
- $3099 & up -- Australia, New Zealand & Cook Islands Getaway — $3,099 Travelscene