- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Otahuna Horse Riding. Horse whisperer Kate Tapley and her team guide gentle rides at Otahuna, near the city, Akaroa, and Mt. Lyford near Kaikoura. To aid the horse-rider connection, each ride begins with a partnering session. You'll have stunning views of the Canterbury Plains and the encircling mountain ranges from your saddle. Guided rides start at $130 for 2½ hours; $240 for a full day. Overnight rides to Governors Bay are available for $360, plus accommodation. All gear is provided. Rhodes Rd., Tai Tapu, 7672. 03/329-0160. www.otahunariding.co.nz.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1120* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip Down Under Answers
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel