New Zealand Surf School, Mount Maunganui. The New Zealand Surf School, Mount Maunganui gives lessons mid-November through April at 10, noon, and 2 every day, starting at $50, which includes all the gear. They also rent surfboards and wet suits by the hour or day and have the experience to work with people with a range of special needs. During the peak of summer, look for their tent on the Marine Parade Beach, opposite Grove Avenue. Marine Parade opposite Grove Avenue., Mount Maunganui, 3116. 021/477-873. www.nzsurfschools.co.nz..
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1048* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand