- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Manganui. This is the only ski slope on Mt. Taranaki. It is a small club-owned and -operated facility and, depending on snow conditions, only operates for 10 to 30 days each winter (June-October). Nonmembers can buy tow passes for a day. Facilities are limited, it's a 20 minute walk from the car park to the ski area and the terrain is for intermediate and advanced skiers. www.skitaranaki.co.nz.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1120* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand