- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kauri Coast Top 10 Holiday Park
At a Glance
- good for families
- gets crowded
- not private
Kauri Coast Top 10 Holiday Park Review
Come for the spotless and varied lodging configurations—cabins with or without kitchens, and with or without bathrooms, as well as self-contained apartments; stay for the spectacular nighttime exploration of Trounson Kauri Park that promises looming kauri trees and maybe even a kiwi bird or two. Owners Herb and Heather Iles can point you in the right direction for several outdoor activities. They give guided tours of the park nightly (tours cost NZ$20; reservations essential); guests frequently spot kiwi on the walks. If you are traveling from the north, you need to turn left off the state highway and onto Trounson Park Road, 3 km (2 mi) before the small village of Kaihu. The holiday park is clearly signposted.
- Address: Trounson Park Rd., 70 km (43 mi) south of Opononi, Kaihu, RD 9 | Map It
- Phone: 09/439-0621
- Website: www.kauricoasttop10.co.nz
- Location: Hokianga and the Kauri Coast
- 2 motel units, 3 apartments, 8 cabins, 60 campsites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1048* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
We have just returned from two weeks in the land of the long white cloud although we only saw cloud on two days and rain on one!
We spent a week in the Bay of Islands with the highlight being sailing i Read more
Hi, all -- since I find other people's trip reports so helpful I've decided to post one of mine. Read more
Greetings... we just booked flights; 4 weeks in South Island, in and out of Christchurch in February/March 2014. First trip. We could use lots of advice! We are active 60ish who love to hike, bike, kayak. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more