- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Both Dunedin and Invercargill have centrally located i-SITE visitor centers: you can find Dunedin's at the Octagon in city center and a branch at the wharf to greet cruise ships; the Invercargill i-SITE is in the Southland Museum. On Stewart Island you may go to the Department of Conservation office or the Stewart Island Experience office (in the red building at the wharf).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1120* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand