- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Blue Duck Café & Bar
Blue Duck Café & Bar Review
The view out the front window, across Milford Sound to Mitre Peak and the mountains beyond, is amazing—and the food's not bad, either. The cafe serves as a tourist shop with few eating options, and the bar is located next door. Lunch choices include wraps, rolls, and sandwiches, as well as a full buffet; there are even options for vegetarians. Dinner goes à la carte, and the restaurant and bar stay open until late. And if you're brave and don't mind a few sand flies, you can even eat outside.
- Address: Milford Sound, Milford, 9679
- Phone: 03/249-7926
- Location: Milford Sound
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1048* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip Down Under Answers
We have just returned from two weeks in the land of the long white cloud although we only saw cloud on two days and rain on one!
We spent a week in the Bay of Islands with the highlight being sailing i Read more
Hi, all -- since I find other people's trip reports so helpful I've decided to post one of mine. Read more
As some of you may have noticed there's a "minor" cricket series coming up between Australia and England in Dec '13/Jan '14, which both DH and i would love to see some of; he would also like to do some Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season." ... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more