New Zealand is a short hop from both Australia and many of the Pacific Islands, like Fiji, Tahiti, and Samoa, and it is easy to combine your New Zealand trip with one of these locations. Some major airlines offer stop-off specials, or air passes, like Air New Zealand's Stopover Deals, for journeys between New Zealand, Australia, and some South Pacific Islands. Australia and each of the South Pacific islands offer their own unique cultures and experiences, which are quite different (and warmer!) than New Zealand.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1048* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip Down Under Answers
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel