- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Marlborough Sounds Adventure Company. A three-day trip organized by Marlborough Sounds Adventure Company combines these three activities in a fully guided experience with meals and lodging taken care of, and your packs ferried ahead each day. Accommodations are bunk-room standard, and you need to be reasonably fit. The NZ$755 fee includes all water transfers, guide, bunk-room accommodations, packed lunches, and equipment. The trip kicks off every Wednesday from November through April. Four- and five-day guided walk options include an eco-tour of nearby Motuara Island, which may include dolphin encounters, and provides resort-style twin-share en suite accommodations. They also have an adventure base at the Portage Resort Hotel, where you can hire bikes, kayaks, and runabouts to explore around the Kenepuru Sound area. The Waterfront, Picton, 7220. 03/573-6078 or 0800/283-283. firstname.lastname@example.org. www.marlboroughsounds.co.nz.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1120* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand