Golden Orb Cafe and Bookshop
Golden Orb Cafe and Bookshop Review
Named after the Golden Orb spiders that can be found in the owners' garden, this cozy diner is open daily for snacks and lunch. You'll find it tucked away along a little street not far from the visitor information center in Burnt Pine. Proprietors Jack and Caz serve traditional English fare, such as the ploughman's lunch (bread, cheese, pickles, and chutney) and hearty meat pies, along with tasty quiches and roast-pork wraps. If you simply want to unwind after a day's exploring with a book, drop in for excellent Campo coffee (with beans from a Sydney-based specialty roaster that sources its beans from around the world), and a cake—the locals suggest you try Aunty Dot's muesli slice.
- Address: Main Street, opposite tourist information office, The Village, Burnt Pine, Norfolk Island
- Phone: 6723/24295
- Location: Norfolk Island
- No dinner.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1120* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $3099 & up -- Australia & New Zealand 4-City, 12-Night Trip Qantas Vacations
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1331* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T — $1,331 Air New Zealand
August - September 2012
August 18 (Saturday): Newark to San Francisco to Sydney
My spouse and I flew United from Newark, NJ (EWR) to Sydney (SYD) via San Francisco (SFO). Read more
Last week we spent 5 days on Tasmania's beautiful west coast.
I last traveled on the Bass Strait ferry back in the 80s but Geoff and Taine had never taken the voyage so we decided it would be a fun bu Read more
Just came back from my vacation in Sydney.....loved every bit of this gorgeous place....I visited some of the magnificent landmarks like Sydney opera house, The Harbor bridge....must admit, the trip Read more
· News & Features
A New York City judge has ruled against the use of apartments for "transient tenants," which includes ... Read more
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more