Papua New Guinea Feature
Top Reasons to Go
Watch the Birds: Papua New Guinea is home to nearly 700 species of beautiful birds.
Take a dip: Crystal clear water, coral reefs, and vibrant undersea life make this a go-to destinations for snorkelers and divers.
Go Tribal: Especially during festivals, don't miss traditional tribal performances, complete with headdresses and loincloths.
Take in the Flora. Port Moresby's National Botanic Gardens is among the capital city's most lush, verdant places.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1120* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $3099 & up -- Australia & New Zealand 4-City, 12-Night Trip Qantas Vacations
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1331* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T — $1,331 Air New Zealand