Antigua and Barbuda Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Other Lodgings to Consider on Antigua
We can't include every property deserving mention without creating an encyclopedia. Consider the following accommodations, many of which are popular with tour operators.
Antigua Yacht Club Marina & Resort. Antigua Yacht Club Marina & Resort is a handsome collection of 19 hotel rooms and 30 studio and one-bedroom condos (for rent when owners are off-island), climbing a hill with stunning marina views. Accommodations are stylish if spare, with island crafts and the occasional high-tech amenity; the adjacent marina is a center of nautical hubbub with several restaurants, pubs, and shops. Falmouth Harbour. 268/562-3030, 888/790-5264, or 268/460-1544. www.aycmarina.com.
Grand Pineapple Beach Resort. Grand Pineapple Beach Resort is a Sandals-owned, Sandals-branded all-inclusive (formerly Allegro/Occidental) on a tranquil beach and hillside amid lush landscaping. It's in the midst of ongoing renovations, restoring its sheen. Buildings containing 180 rooms feature almost edible pastel hues inside and out; the beachfront units and 500 block offer smashing east-coast views. Long Bay. 268/463-2006 or 800/327-1991. www.grandpineapple.com.
Hermitage Bay. Hermitage Bay is a deluxe enclave of 30 beachfront and hillside cottages on a secluded, hard-to-reach but pretty stretch of sand. Affecting a look and ambience that borrow from both Carlisle Bay and Curtain Bluff, the enormous minimalist-chic lodgings include a garden shower and private plunge pool. The kitchen turns out admirable organic fare, much of it sourced from its gardens; the creative mixologists and the spa also utilize local ingredients where possible. Hermitage Bay. 268/562-5500; 855/562-8080 toll-free. www.hermitagebay.com.
Rex Halcyon Cove Beach Resort. Rex Halcyon Cove Beach Resort is a large, impersonal but admirably outfitted resort (from dive shop to car rental) on one of Antigua's top beaches. The Warri Pier restaurant, jutting into the Caribbean on stilts, is a romantic destination. Buildings are a bit institutional-looking, and you'll have to watch out for stampeding tour groups; however, you can usually find good package deals here. Dickenson Bay. 268/462-0256 or 305/471-6170. www.rexresorts.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 Ole Works Inn
- $469 -- Virgin Islands: 3 Nights in Long Bay w/Extras Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas
- $1490 -- Virgin Islands: Cooper Island Dive Trip, Save $295 Cooper Island Beach Club
- $150 -- Virgin Islands: Anegada Oceanview Room, Save 38% — $150 Anegada Reef Hotel