- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Papa Zouk Review
Who would have thought that two jovial globe-trotting German gents could create a classic Caribbean hangout? But the madras tablecloths, straw lamps, fishnets festooned with Christmas lights, painted bottles of homemade hot sauces, art naif, colorful island clientele, and lilting rhythms on the sound system justify the name (zouk is a sultry musical stew of soul and calypso). Seafood is king, from butterfish to Barbudan snapper, served either deep-fried or steamed with a choice of such sauces as guava-pepper teriyaki or tomato-basil-coriander. Tangy Caribbean bouillabaisse with garlicky Parmesan mayonnaise and the tapas platter are specialties, as are the knockout rum punches. Finish dinner with a snifter of aged rum: the tiny, Pollock-style handpainted bar holds 250 varieties from around the globe.
- Address: Hilda Davis Dr., Gambles Terrace, St. John's
- Phone: 268/464-7576; 268/464-6044
- Location: Antigua and Barbuda
- No credit cards.
- Closed May--Oct. and Sun. No lunch sometimes; call ahead for hrs.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 Ole Works Inn
- $469 -- Virgin Islands: 3 Nights in Long Bay w/Extras Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas
- $1490 -- Virgin Islands: Cooper Island Dive Trip, Save $295 Cooper Island Beach Club
- $150 -- Virgin Islands: Anegada Oceanview Room, Save 38% — $150 Anegada Reef Hotel
My Husband & I have been trying to get a drink recipe for the past few months since we left there. Read more
There is a good deal offered on GroupOn for 4 or 5 day at the above resort in Antigua - has anyone been to it and/or Antigual recently?
I would love to know more about them. I have been to many of the Read more
· News & Features
You've island-hopped in the Bahamas and hob-nobbed on St. ... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation.... Read more