- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Soft, sandy beaches and turquoise waters are the biggest draws in Aruba. Beaches are often crowded, particularly the best stretches of Eagle Beach, which is the island's—and one of the Caribbean's—finest. Baby Beach, on the east end of the island, is also good.
But the island also comes alive by night and has become a true party hot spot. The casinos —though not as elaborate as those in Las Vegas—are among the best of any Caribbean island.
Restaurants are very good, though sometimes expensive.
Diving is good in Aruba, though perhaps not as spectacular as in nearby Bonaire.
Near-constant breezes and tranquil, protected waters have proven to be a boon for windsurfers, who have discovered that conditions on the southwestern coast are ideal for their sport.
A largely undeveloped region in Arikok National Wildlife Park is the destination of choice for those wishing to hike and explore some wild terrain.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 & up -- Bahamas 'Atlantis' w/Air Credit, up to 65% Off Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $799 & up -- St. Thomas All-Incl. Beach Trip w/Air, $950 Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $429 & up -- 5- & 6-Nt. Caribbean Cruises on Royal Caribbean American Express Travel
- $799 & up -- 7-Night Caribbean Cruises on Royal Caribbean — $799 American Express Travel