- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bimini's main community, Alice Town, is at North Bimini's southern end. It's colorful, painted in happy Caribbean pastels, but has lately taken on a glory-gone look. In a prominent location stands the ruins of the Compleat Angler Hotel, Ernest Hemingway's famous haunt, which burned down in 2006. A short walk away is the Bimini Native Straw and Craft Market, which bustles on weekends and during fishing tournaments.
In quick succession Alice Town turns into Bailey Town, then Porgy Bay —these three towns are separated only by signs heralding the change. Toward King's Highway's north end, north of Alice Town, you'll see bars, grocery shops, clothing stores, the pink medical center, and a group of colorful fruit stalls. This part of the island, from Bailey Town to the Bimini Bay Resort, is clean, fresh, and lively.
North Bimini at a Glance
Elsewhere in Bimini
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 & up -- Bahamas 'Atlantis' w/Air Credit, up to 65% Off Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $159 -- Nassau 4-Star Beachfront Resort, 40% Off Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino
- $699 & up -- Caribbean Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $349 & up -- Weekend Bahamas Cruise on New Norwegian Ship Norwegian Breakaway
- $369 & up -- Caribbean Vacation Sale incl. Atlantis, 60% Off — $369 CheapCaribbean.com