- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
The Bimini Barge Wreck (a World War II landing craft) rests in 100 feet of water. Little Caverns is a medium-depth dive with scattered coral heads, small tunnels, and swim-throughs. Rainbow Reef is a shallow dive popular for fish gazing. And, of course, there's Bimini Road to Atlantis, thought to be the famous "lost city." Dive packages are available through most Bimini hotels. You can also check out the best diving options through the Bahamas Diving Association (954/236-9292 www.bahamasdiving.com).
Bill and Nowdla Keefe's Bimini Undersea. Bill and Nowdla Keefe's Bimini Undersea, headquartered at Bimini Bay Resort, lets you snorkel near a delightful pod of Atlantic spotted dolphins for $129 per person. You can also rent or buy snorkel and diving gear. It offers two two-tank dives a day for $99 per person and introductory scuba lessons. Dive packages with accommodations at Bimini Bay Resort are available. 242/347-3089 or 800/348-4644. www.biminiundersea.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $419 & up -- Last Minute: 4-Night Bahamas & Key West Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $101-$109 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Credits — $101-$109 BookIt.com
- $1749 -- Balcony: Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in Summer — $1,749 Royal Caribbean