- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If You Have 3 Days
Fly into North Eleuthera and take the ferry to Harbour Island. Base yourself at a hotel near the famous 3-mi pink-sand beach or in historic Dunmore Town. Relax on the beach and have lunch at an ocean-side restaurant. Stroll through Dunmore Town in the afternoon, stopping at crafts stands and fashionable shops, admiring colonial houses along Bay Street, and visiting historic churches. At night, dine at one of the island's fine restaurants such as the Landing, Rock House, Pink Sands, or Acquapazza. On Day 2, go scuba diving or snorkeling, or hire a guide and try to snag a canny bonefish. Visit the conch shacks on Bay Street for a low-key, beachside dinner. On Day 3 get some last-minute color on the beach or some in-room spa pampering; stop by Vic-Hum Club or Gusty's for late-night music.
If You Have 5 Days
Head back to Eleuthera for the next two days. Rent a car at the North Eleuthera Airport (reserve in advance) and drive south past the Glass Window Bridge, where you can stand in one spot and see the brilliant-blue and often-fierce Atlantic Ocean to the east and the placid Bight of Eleuthera to the west. Continue to Governor's Harbour, the island's largest town, and grab lunch at Tippy's or the Beach House, upscale, laid-back beach bistros overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Stay at one of the beach resorts and enjoy the incredible water views. Head into town if you're looking for some nightlife or dining options.
If You Have 7 Days
On your last two days, drive back to North Eleuthera, base yourself at the Cove, and relax on the resort's two beaches. If you're there on a Tuesday or Friday night, head to Elvina's in Gregory Town and see the local bands. On your final day take the ferry to Spanish Wells, where you can rent a golf cart and spend a half day exploring the tiny town and relaxing on a white-sand beach with no tourists. Or stay put and explore Surfer's Beach.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 & up -- Bahamas 'Atlantis' in Fall, up to 65% Off Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $159 -- Nassau 4-Star Beachfront Resort, 40% Off Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino
- $419 & up -- Last Minute: 4-Night Bahamas & Key West Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $1749 -- Balcony: Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in Summer — $1,749 Royal Caribbean
- $409 & up -- Bahamas: Summer Weekend Cruise — $409 Royal Caribbean