- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If You Have 3 Days
Begin in the morning with a shopping binge at Port Lucaya Marketplace. Stop at UNEXSO next door to make reservations for tomorrow's swim with dolphins, resort dive course, or excursion. Have lunch at the marketplace before heading to the beach across the street for an afternoon of sunning and water sports. Hit the restaurants and bars at the marketplace for the evening's entertainment. On Day 2, after your dolphin experience, get a quick taste of Bahamian nature at Bahamas National Trust Rand Nature Centre. Catch a fish fry or beach bonfire for your evening's entertainment. On Day 3, head west to Taino Beach for great beach action, lunch, and sunning. Catch an evening dinner cruise and show with Bahama Mama Cruises.
If You Have 5 Days
Spend Day 4 exploring the caves, trails, and beach at Lucayan National Park. The next day, catch a tour bus to West End for snorkeling at Paradise Cove and an eyeful of local culture. Have dinner in Lucaya and test your luck at the casino.
If You Have 7 Days
A week allows you to explore in greater depth the island's environmental treasures. On Day 6 visit the William's Town beach and do lunch at one of the local eateries. In the afternoon, do a snorkel or fishing excursion and have dinner at one of the restaurants at Our Lucaya. Spend your last morning wandering, shopping, and lunching at Garden of the Groves. In the afternoon, go on a semisubmarine or glass-bottom boat tour.
Club Grand Bahama packages several dining and activity experiences into all-island inclusive vacations. Participants use a special card to pay at each outlet. (www.clubgrandbahama.com)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $419 & up -- Last Minute: 4-Night Bahamas & Key West Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $101-$109 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Credits — $101-$109 BookIt.com
- $1749 -- Balcony: Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in Summer — $1,749 Royal Caribbean