The Abacos Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to The Abacos
Bonefish the Marls: One of the most spectacular bonefishing flats anywhere, the Marls is an endless maze of lush mangrove creeks, hidden bays, and sandy cays. Hire a professional guide to show you the best spots.
Cay hop: Rent a boat and spend a day (or more) skipping among 150 cays. Settle onto your own private strip of beach and enjoy.
Beach bash: When the Gully Roosters play on Green Turtle Cay, the island rocks. Stop in at Miss Emily's Blue Bee Bar first for a mind-altering rum, pineapple juice, and apricot brandy Goombay Smash; it's where the popular drink was born. On Great Guana Cay, Nippers' Sunday pig roast is the best beach party of the year—and it happens every week.
Swim with the fishies: With clear shallow waters and a series of colorful coral reefs extending for miles, the Abacos provide both the novice and the experienced underwater explorer plenty of visual stimulation.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $159 -- Nassau 4-Star Beachfront Resort, 40% Off Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino