- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dining with Kids in Bermuda
Kids are people, too, and very hungry little people on a regular basis. Little-big eaters are usually banished to a far-flung corner away from all the action (which they'll then have to find, leaving a spaghetti trail behind), or forced to dine in fast-food restaurants for fear they'll actually express themselves. Well, Bermuda has no fast-food chains, except for a lone Kentucky Fried Chicken in Hamilton, but little diners and their big companions will have no trouble finding familiar foods in welcoming settings here.
Frog & Onion Pub. Let the kids build up an appetite in the game room at the Frog & Onion Pub. It's crammed full of games to keep children ages three and upward entertained—and their parents thankful for the peace and quiet. The pub also has a kids' menu containing all the tried and tested favorites. 441/234-2900.
Harbour Nights. Harbour Nights festival in Hamilton (Wednesday evenings May through September) lets kids eat on their feet. Choose fish sandwiches, patties, wraps, sweets, and more from booths and kiosks along Front Street.
Paraquet. Rather than just ordering a hamburger and fries, let your child watch it being cooked at the Paraquet. This American-style diner's low counter with stools is ideal for little ones to watch what's going on in the kitchen. The large selection of kids' food and the well-priced menu make this a great spot for families. 441/236-9742.
Pizza House. Youngsters love being creative and eating with their hands, so let them have the best of both worlds by creating their own pizza. Head here to see who can come up with the tastiest combination of pizza toppings. Kids also enjoy watching the minibike racing at the nearby racetrack. 441/293-5700.
Shelly Bay. Bermuda has the ideal picnic venue to keep the younger set entertained all day long. Shelly Bay in Hamilton Parish has a huge children's play area right next to its sandy beach, so little ones won't have time to be bored. Grab a bite to eat from the beach snack bar or bring a picnic, and prepare for a fun—and probably tiring—day by the ocean.
Warwick Lanes. Let the kids knock 'em down with a family bowling challenge at Warwick Lanes. Winners get their pick off the menu at the on-site Last Pin restaurant. Kids' meals at the bowling alley in Middle Road, Warwick, include all the favorites: pizza, hamburger, chicken nuggets, and french fries. 441/236-5290.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $117 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Stay Free BookIt.com
- $99 & up -- Bahamas 'Atlantis' w/Air Credit, up to 65% Off Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $699 & up -- Caribbean Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $679 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise w/Oceanview Royal Caribbean
- $799 & up -- St. Thomas All-Incl. Beach Trip w/Air, $950 Off — $799 CheapCaribbean.com