- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
From Tee Time to Bed Time
If you stay in a hotel with its own golf course or one that has agreements with some of the golf clubs, it cuts out much of the planning you'll have to make on your own. For instance, the Fairmont Southampton Resort has its own 18-hole executive course and access agreement with Riddell's Bay Golf & Country Club. Tee times are blocked for hotel guests and a shuttle is provided to and from the hotel.
At the Tucker's Point Club, which opened its hotel and spa in the spring of 2009, you can contrast the old and the new in golf course designs without straying very far from the resort. On-site is Roger Rulewich's fabulous design, laid down atop the old Castle Harbour Golf Club, designed by his mentor, Robert Trent Jones Sr. Literally next door is the classic Mid Ocean Club, a Charles Blair Macdonald track redesigned by Jones in 1953. You will have seen Mid Ocean on television during the 2007 and 2008 PGA Grand Slams, and you'll be anxious to try your luck.
Then there's Cambridge Beaches, the island's oldest cottage colony, which occupies 25 acres on a promontory at the island's western end. The hotel's Fairway to Heaven package includes three rounds of golf at any of the island's courses, a golf massage, dinner on a private island and other extras.
When you make your lodging arrangements, check to see what golf packages and perks are available. Many hoteliers are also members at the clubs and are happy to facilitate arrangements.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $1019 & up -- Oceanview 5-Night Bermuda Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $101-$109 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Credits — $101-$109 BookIt.com
- $429 & up -- 5- & 6-Nt. Caribbean Cruises on Royal Caribbean — $429 American Express Travel