Nightlife & the Arts in Bermuda
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bermudians love to drink. That's the title of a popular local song, and it hits the nail right on the head. Yes, the island that gave the world the Dark n' Stormy and the rum swizzle might not have the largest selection of hot spots in which to party the night away, but what Bermuda lacks in venues it makes up for in attitude. Tourists, expats, and locals all mix together to create a melting-pot social scene, especially on Friday nights—the unofficial party day for just about everyone living on the Rock. The vibe is civilized but still fun and friendly, and if you're not sure where you want to go, just ask around; people will be more than happy to give you their thoughts—they might even buy you a drink!
If you prefer your nightlife to have more culture than rum concoctions, there's still plenty to do. City Hall provides a venue for visiting artists on an ad hoc basis. Dramatic productions take place across a variety of venues—anywhere from a hotel auditorium to the back of a Front Street pub.
For a rundown of what's hot and happening in Bermuda, pick up the Bermuda Calendar of Events brochure at any Visitor Information Centre. The free monthly Bermuda.com guide also lists upcoming island events and can be accessed online at www.Bermuda.com. The Bermudian ($6.30), a quarterly magazine, has a calendar of events, as does RG magazine, which is included free in the Royal Gazette newspaper every two months. This Week in Bermuda, another free magazine, describes arts and nightlife venues. The Bermuda Sun newspaper has a "Scene" section on Friday, which includes an events calendar. It's also a good idea to check www.bdatix.bm or www.premiertickets.bm for upcoming show information.
Some hotels carry a TV station that broadcasts information about the island's cultural events and nightlife. Radio VSB, FM 1450, gives a lineup of events daily at 11:15 am. You can also dial 974 for recorded information. Because the arts scene in Bermuda is so casual, many events and performers operate on a seasonal or part-time basis. Bulletin boards are also good places to check for upcoming events.
Browse Bermuda Nightlife
Browse Bermuda Nightlife By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 & up -- Bahamas 'Atlantis' w/Air Credit, up to 65% Off Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $699 & up -- Caribbean Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $679 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise w/Oceanview Royal Caribbean
- $799 & up -- St. Thomas All-Incl. Beach Trip w/Air, $950 Off — $799 CheapCaribbean.com
- $649 & up -- Bermuda: Weeklong Summer Cruise — $649 Royal Caribbean