- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Botanical Gardens Review
Established in 1898, the Botanical Gardens are filled with exotic subtropical plants, flowers, and trees. The 36-acre property features a miniature forest, an aviary, a hibiscus garden with more than 150 species, and collections of orchids, cacti, fruits, and ferns. In addition to these must-see sights is an intriguing must-smell one: the Garden for the Sightless. Designed primarily for the blind, it has fragrant plants (like geranium, lemon, lavender, and spices), plus Braille signage. Weather permitting, free 60- to 90-minute guided tours of the Botanical Gardens begin at 10:30 Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Camden. This gracious white house within the gardens is the official residence of Bermuda's premier. Tours of the interior are given Tuesday and Friday noon to 2, except when official functions are scheduled. 441/236-5732.
Masterworks Museum of Bermuda Art. Behind Camden sits the island's first purpose-built state-of-the-art museum: the Masterworks Museum of Bermuda Art. Like its former incarnation (the Masterworks Foundation), the new venue's theme is "Bermuda through the Eyes of Artists," and the soaring main gallery is devoted to island-inspired works by internationally renowned figures such as Georgia O'Keeffe, Andrew Wyeth, and Winslow Homer. Two other galleries display (and sell) paintings by native-born artists. 441/236-2950. www.bermudamasterworks.com. $5. Mon.-Sat. 10-4.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $1019 & up -- Oceanview 5-Night Bermuda Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $101-$109 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Credits — $101-$109 BookIt.com
- $429 & up -- 5- & 6-Nt. Caribbean Cruises on Royal Caribbean — $429 American Express Travel
After I posted numerous questions on this board, cmcfong asked that I report back on our trip to Bermuda. Read more
27 April 2012, San Juan
Friends Glenn and Carol invited us to join them on a repositioning cruise from San Juan to Bayonne NJ, which started from San Juan. Read more
My boyfriend and I are in dire need of a relaxing vacation. Read more
· News & Features
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation? ... Read more
Bermuda is 600 miles off the coast of North Carolina.... Read more
Retreating to the posh pink beaches of Bermuda is always a good idea—there's golf to play, festivals... Read more