- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Minimum and maximum age to rent a car are 21 and 70. There's a government tax of 5% per rental; no cash deposit is needed if you pay by credit card.
Gas prices are about double those of the United States. Main roads are well paved, but during the rainy season (October and November), mud—called Bonairean snow—can be difficult to navigate. Traffic is to the right, and there's not a single traffic light.
Avis (Flamingo Airport, Kralendijk. 599/717-5795. www.avis.com.)
Budget (Flamingo Airport, Kralendijk. 599/717-4700. www.budget.com.)
Bonaire Rent a Car (Kaya International 1, Kralendijk. 599/786-6090 or.)
Hertz (Flamingo Airport, Kralendijk. 599/717-7221. www.hertz.com.)
Island Rentals (Opposite Flamingo Airport, Kaya Internationaal 130, Kralendijk. 599/717-2100.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $823 & up -- Turks & Caicos: Adult-Only Club Med, Save 40% Club Med Turkoise
- $1124 & up -- Club Med Punta Cana, Save 40% Club Med Punta Cana
- $699 & up -- Caribbean Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $349 & up -- Weekend Bahamas Cruise on New Norwegian Ship Norwegian Breakaway
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore