- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Owners Paolo Polloni and Andi Marcher spared no expense in realizing their vision of a smart beachfront trattoria that wouldn't be out of place in L.A. Everything was painstakingly handpicked, from the wine "wall" of more than 3,000 bottles from around the globe to the Murano glass fixtures, leather banquettes, and a curving onyx-top bar. Chef Frederico Destro delights in unorthodox pairings, all gorgeously presented. Spicy tuna tartare is served with satiny avocado, crunchy fennel salad and soured tomato coulis. Hudson Valley foie gras knits poached apple with sherry reduction and onion fondue. His homemade pastas shine, and entrées are invariably solid; the standout is whole Mediterranean striped bass baked in salt crust. His wit and whimsy truly inform the desserts, which are more ambitious and intellectual than successful (chocolate-aubergine mousse with strawberry puree or the banana and bacon "affair"), yet stimulate the palate and conversation.
- Address: Caribbean Club, 871 West Bay Rd., Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, KY1-1206
- Phone: 345/623-4550
- Location: Seven Mile Beach
- Reservations essential.
- No lunch Sat. Closed Mon. Sept.--Oct.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $117 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Stay Free BookIt.com
- $764 & up -- Turks & Caicos: Adult-Only Club Med, Save 40% Club Med Sandpiper Bay
- $699 & up -- Caribbean Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $349 & up -- Weekend Bahamas Cruise on New Norwegian Ship Norwegian Breakaway
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore
I realize it took me a while to report on our trip last June, to the cayman islands, and I am not good at writing reports, plus it has been a while since our trip, but here it is...
We were Read more
Mr Frogoutofwater and I just got back from a 6-night stay in Grand Cayman. Read more
·British Virgin Islands Forum, Cayman Islands Forum, Dominican Republic Forum, Turks & Caicos Islands Forum
I'm in the process of trying to plan a vacation Dec/Jan 2013/14 for my family (husband, 2 toddlers) and my best friend's family with 3 small kids. Read more
· News & Features
Sunbathing in Grand Cayman, your boutique hotel's sommelier approaches to let you know that rare bottle... Read more
Many deem Grand Cayman one of the best culinary destinations in the Caribbean—judge for yoursel... Read more
If you're going to a Caribbean Island, the chances are good that you're looking for a way to take a break...... Read more