When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
Hurricane season runs from May to November, the drier season less susceptible to big storms from December to April. The fact that most visitors head here in January and February has more to do with Canadian cold fronts than Santa Lucía sunshine. The rainy season is actually a great time to visit because all is green and crowds are thinner. The busiest months are July through August and January through March, with the last week of December and Easter week being peak. Rates during these times rise and yet rooms book up, making reservations essential.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2999 -- Cuba: 8-Night Vacation w/Airfare, Hotel and Tours Friendly Planet Travel