- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
The road south from Manzanillo passes through cane fields and smoking sugar mills to the town where Celia Sánchez was born. Eight kilometers (5 miles) south of this town lies the turn-off to Pilón and the beautiful south-coast road to Santiago de Cuba.
Media Luna at a Glance
Elsewhere in Eastern Cuba
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2199 -- Cuba: 5-Nt. Escorted Havana Tour w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel