- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
At a Glance
- the pool has lively activities
- typical Soviet-style architecture and atmosphere
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Pernik Review
Partially paid for by the Bulgarian government (it's named for a town in Bulgaria), this Soviet-inspired hotel has more than 200 rooms and plenty of amenities. For a lively atmosphere, head to the pool. For better-than-average Cuban specialties and frequent live-music performances, head to the main restaurant ($), Sofia—named after the Bulgarian capital, of course.
- Address: Av. Dimitrov y Av. XX Aniversario, Holguín, Holguín
- Phone: 24/48-1011
- Location: Holguín
- 202 rooms.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2199 -- Cuba: 5-Nt. Escorted Havana Tour w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more