- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Café el Mercurio
Café el Mercurio Review
If you're peckish before or around sunrise, this is a good place to come. It's named for Mercury—the god of commerce, whose likeness sits atop the Lonja del Comercio building in which it's located—and is open around the clock every day. The specialties are unusual for Cuba: omelets, sandwiches, and salads, hamburgers, chicken, fish, and fries. The tables resemble those in a diner back home, and it feels like a Cuban mix of a 1950s diner and a McDonald's. For more highbrow tastes, you can order lobster medallions with chicken and a blue-cheese sauce.
- Address: Plaza de San Francisco de Asís, La Habana Vieja, Havana
- Phone: 7/860-6188
- Location: La Habana Vieja
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2199 -- Cuba: 5-Nt. Escorted Havana Tour w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more