Western Cuba Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
From the remote strands of María la Gorda to Varadero's smooth white beaches; from the southern Archipiélago de los Canarreos to the vertebral Cordillera de Guaniguanico—western Cuba holds a wide range of geographical treasures. The Valle de Viñales and its limestone hillocks, Vuelta Abajo and its tobacco plantations, and the wetlands of the Península de Zapata are quintessential Cuban destinations.
There are luxury hotels in Varadero and Cayo Largo, charming hotels around Viñales, modern accommodations at María la Gorda, and ecologically...read more
Dining in the provincial capitals and towns is spotty; some places are acceptable while others seem fortunate to be able to provide nourishment at all...read more
Things To Do in Western Cuba
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $2999 -- Cuba: 8-Night Vacation w/Airfare, Hotel and Tours Friendly Planet Travel
Beaches: The beaches throughout Matanzas, Havana, Varadero, and Pinar del Río provinces and in the Archipiélago de Canarreos vary... Read more
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe