- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
El Cochinito Review
At first glance, this simple restaurant may seem too fly-infested and generally under-maintained to think about dining in. However, the locals choose it over the other options in town for a reason: the pork specialties such as chicharrones de cerdo (pork crisp), masas (pork loin), and cochinillo asado (roast pig) are delicious.
- Address: Calle 39, esquina de Calle 24, Nueva Gerona
- Phone: 46/32-2809
- Location: Isla de la Juventud
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2999 -- Cuba: 8-Night Vacation w/Airfare, Hotel and Tours Friendly Planet Travel
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more