When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
When to Go
La Seca is the February-to-April dry period in Cuba's western and central zones; with temperatures down to 25°-27°C (77°-81°F) and rains scarce, this is a good time to go. Peak vacation times in spots such as Cayo Largo and Varadero fall during Christmas and Easter breaks, when package-tour groups fly in from all over the world. If wild parties are what you're looking for, this is the time to come. If not, visit in November, early December, or early May. Reserve early for Easter and Christmas.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2999 -- Cuba: 8-Night Vacation w/Airfare, Hotel and Tours Friendly Planet Travel