- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In Roseau most ships dock along the bay front. Across the street from the pier, in the old post office, is a visitor information center. Taxis, minibuses, and tour operators are available at the berths. If you do decide to tour with one of them, choose one who is certified, and be explicit when discussing where you will go and how much you will pay—don't be afraid to ask questions. The drivers usually quote a fixed fare, which is regulated by the Division of Tourism and the Transportation Board, and also offer their services for tours anywhere on the island beginning at $25 to $30 an hour for up to four people; a four- to five-hour island tour for up to four people will cost approximately $200. You can rent a car in Roseau for about $45-$50, not including insurance and a mandatory EC$30 (US$12) driving permit, but it can be difficult to find things, so you might do better on a guided tour here.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Roseau: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $127+/Nt Expedia
- Roseau Savings! Book at Fort Young Fr $138+/Nt Expedia