- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This yachtlike double-deck, open-air restaurant on the sand puts the accent on maritime, and gets it right in both food as well as form. When weather demands it, sheer white linens offer protection against sun, wind, or rain without obstructing the exquisite beachfront views. Some tables are under palapas right on the beach. Families come as it is like a beach club and kids have a safe haven and a special children's menu. At night, soft lighting creates a romantic effect. Fresh seafood caught by local fishermen is the focus of the menu, but chicken and beef dishes are also available. Some resorts, like Paradisus Palma Real and the Barceló Bávaro complex, are within walking distance. The space is often closed for private parties and weddings, so reservations are essential.
- Address: Playa Bávaro, between Meliá Caribe Tropical and IFA Villas, Bávaro, 23000
- Phone: 809/840-7684 restaurant; 809/868-3040 office
- Location: Punta Cana
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $569 & up -- All-Incl. Dominican Republic Trip, 4-Nts. w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $429 & up -- 5- & 6-Nt. Caribbean Cruises on Royal Caribbean American Express Travel
- $101-$109 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Credits — $101-$109 BookIt.com
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
we are looking for honeymoon ideas for a budget of 2500 including all inclusive and flights... we also wanna do a week...does anyone know of anywhere that would accomidate this?? we really are lost on wha Read more
· News & Features
If you think that Punta Cana is all sun-drenched beaches, massaged, and pina coladas, you're right. ... Read more
The words plush, perks, and pool make a really good combination, don't you think?... Read more
The prospect of traveling with children can indeed seem daunting, sometimes so much so that the very idea... Read more