- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Mata Rosada
La Mata Rosada Review
The French chef/owner of La Mata, Yvonne Bastian, has been luring local expats and foodies since the late 1990s. She sets tables with white linens in an all-white interior that includes an array of ceiling fans to keep you cool; breezes sneak in from the bay across the street. There are plenty of excellent choices, like mahi mahi in coconut sauce with a mango chutney or a mix of grilled lobster and other shellfish; the grouper has a potato crust, with tomatoes and eggplant. Begin with the ceviche, a specialty of this port town, made with dorado (mahi mahi) and conch. Whether you go local or international, order the creole shrimp or a substantial salad, and you should leave satisfied. The desserts, like the chocolate terrine, are also presented with pride.
- Address: Av. Malecón 5B, Samaná
- Phone: 809/538-2388
- Location: Santa Bárbara de Samaná
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Wed. June--Nov.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $98 & up -- Punta Cana All-Incl. Eco Beach Resort, 15% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $48 & up -- Puerto Plata Lifestyle Beach Resort, 30% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $569 & up -- All-Incl. Dominican Republic Trip, 4-Nts. w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $102 & up -- Punta Cana All-Incl. Family Friendly Resort — $102 CheapCaribbean.com
- $569 & up -- All-Incl. La Romana Trip w/Air, Kids Stay Free — $569 CheapCaribbean.com
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
we are looking for honeymoon ideas for a budget of 2500 including all inclusive and flights... we also wanna do a week...does anyone know of anywhere that would accomidate this?? we really are lost on wha Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more