The Southeast Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
"The Teeth of the Dog." The kings' course of Casa de Campo is one of the top golf courses in the Caribbean. Other great courses are at Guavaberry Resort and Metro Country Club.
Altos de Chavón. This re-creation of a 16th-century Italian hill town is filled with restaurants and shops with lots of high-end, often unique merchandise.
Casa de Campo Marina. Resembling the famed marina in Portofino, Casa de Campo's yacht-filled marina is a great dining and shopping destination, too.
Diving at La Caleta. Close to Juan Dolio, this underwater national park is considered one of the country's best dive sites.
A day trip to Isla Saona. Sail or speed out to this island to enjoy a day of sun and sea and snorkeling energized by a barbecue lunch buffet and rum drinks.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $98 & up -- Punta Cana All-Incl. Eco Beach Resort, 15% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $48 & up -- Puerto Plata Lifestyle Beach Resort, 30% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $489 & up -- Punta Cana All-Inclusive Vacations w/Air Vacation Express
- $102 & up -- Punta Cana All-Incl. Family Friendly Resort — $102 CheapCaribbean.com
- $569 & up -- All-Incl. Dominican Republic Trip, 4-Nts. w/Air — $569 CheapCaribbean.com