- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The only non-stops available are from Orlando on Air France, seasonally.
Air Antilles Express. Air Antilles Express has service to Martinique; St. Martin; Cayenne, French Guiana; St. Lucia; and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. 0890/64-86-48. www.airantilles.com.
Air Caraïbes. Air Caraïbes connects the island to St. Maarten; Martinique; Haiti; St. Barth; French Guiana, St. Lucia; Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic; Havana, Cuba; and Paris. This airline offers substantial discounts for seniors on some routes. 0820/83-58-35 or. www.aircaraibes.com.
Air France. Air France flies between Miami and Guadeloupe five times a week in the winter season, with stops in neighboring islands. Air France is a Parisian connection, of course, and from the islands you can sometimes get good prices to France. 0590/21-13-03 or 0820/82-08-20. www.airfance.com.
American Airlines. American flies direct from Miami to Guadeloupe on Saturday. www.aa.com.
LIAT. LIAT mainly services the English-speaking Caribbean islands, including Antigua, Barbados, and St. Lucia. St. Lucia has direct service from New York, Miami, Atlanta, and Toronto. These flights are one way for U.S. and Canadian travelers to get to Guadeloupe with fewer stopovers. LIAT code-shares with Air Caraïbes. 0590/21-13-93. www.liatairline.com.
Air Canada. Air Canada services Guadeloupe with daily, nonstop flights, from January to April, from Montreal. Residents of states that border Canada might find it convenient to go north in order to go south. 888/247-2262 or 0590/21-12-77. www.aircanada.com.
Airports and Transfers
Aéroport International Pôle Caraïbes (PTP). Aéroport International Pôle Caraïbes (PTP), usually called the Pointe-à-Pitre Airport, is one of the largest and most modern in the Caribbean. Excellent signage makes it very manageable. It has shops, restaurants, and car-rental agencies. There is a tourism information booth in the terminal with bilingual staffers, an ATM, and a currency exchange. Ask your resort if airport transfers can be arranged, as they are almost always cheaper than taking a taxi. 0590/21-14-72 or 0590/21-14-00. www.guadeloupe.aeroport.fr.
Taxi fare to Pointe-à-Pitre is about €25, to Gosier resorts about €30, to Ste-Anne €60, and to St-François more than €70. Cabs meet flights at the airport if you decide not to rent a car.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $823 & up -- Turks & Caicos: Adult-Only Club Med, Save 40% Club Med Turkoise
- $1124 & up -- Club Med Punta Cana, Save 40% Club Med Punta Cana
- $699 & up -- Caribbean Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $349 & up -- Weekend Bahamas Cruise on New Norwegian Ship Norwegian Breakaway
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore